This image was featured in the May 1954 Pomona College Bulletin, Newsletter Issue on page 15. The caption reads: "NEW SIGNS have been placed at the entrances to the city of Claremont directing visitors to the campuses of the Associated Colleges. The project was supported by the four colleges and administered by Claremont College, under the supervision of Mark Durley, '42. One of the signs, shown above, is being erected by the Automobile Club at the corner of First and College Avenue. Seventeen signs in all were installed."