DAYR AL-MISAYKRAH. Northwest of Armant is a small cluster of ruins situated on a promontory on the slope of the desert plateau, wrongly described by Doresse (1949, p. 327) and by Timm (1984, p. 767) as DAYR AL-NASARA. Two structures may be distinguished, the larger of which probably comprises the ruins of a residential building. The second structure, standing to the east and immediately next to it, is a tomb in the shape of a tetrapylon made out of mud bricks. The tomb makes it likely that this site is to be identified with DAYR ANBA DARYUS, mentioned in the SYNAXARION at 2 Tubah, the festal date of Apa Victor and Apa Jonas.
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.