BARAMUN, AL-, city located in the Egyptian Delta about 6 miles (10 km) northeast of al-Mansurah in the province of Daqahliyyah. The city was a bishopric by 1257, when Bishop Mikha’il of al-Baramun was present at the consecration of the holy chrism (Munier, 1943, p. 34). A medieval list of churches in Egypt indicates that there was a church of al-Malak Mikha’il in al-Baramun (see Amélineau, 1893, pp. 578, 580).
Click tabs to swap between content that is broken into logical sections.